Department of Mathematics, the youngest of its breed at Xavier's, was functional through its subsidiary courses from the inception of the college. However, this department became an independent and full-fledged Academic Department with the introduction of Degree courses in 2005. Since then there is a great demand for the B.Sc Mathematics course and many have profited in life and profession by opting to study Mathematics. Every year a good number of students secure ‘A’ grade in the final semester university exams.
The Department offers Degree course with Statistics and Physics as complementary subjects. It admits 30 students every year. The department also offers Mathematics as complementary course for B. Sc. Physics, B. Sc. Chemistry and B.A Economics.
- Haritha S S
- Haritha S
- Thanuja T S
- Neethu P K
- Fr. Mathew Pullattu S. J., M. Sc.
- Prof V A Chandy, M Sc
- Fr. K. P. Mathew, M.Sc., M.Phil.
- Prof. M.J. George, M.Sc., B.Ed
- Prof. George Mathew, M. Sc., M. Phil.
STUDENT ACTIVITIES AND ACHIEVEMENTS
- Anjali 2009- 2012 batch scored 99. 1 % marks in the final year university exams.
- Industrial & Institutional visits are organized every year.
- Selected seminar papers of the final year students are presented every year on the ‘Mathematics Day’ organized by the department.
- Our students participate in Inter Collegiate Competitions every year conducted by other colleges.
- Soorya S Raj & Arif A of 2013-2016 batch got 1st prize in four intercollegiate quiz competition held at different colleges in Trivandrum in the year 2016
List of students undergoing/completed Project/Internship
Click on the following link to see the list of students undergoing/completed field project/internship on the corresponding academic year