The Physical Education Department of St. Xavier’s began its long and illustrious journey as early as in 1965 in Sreekaryam, where St. Xavier’s had its modest beginning the previous year. When the college was shifted to its present site in Thumba a few months later new opportunities were dawned on the Department to actualize its potentials. Since then the Department has never turned back and hardly ever lost sight of our cut out task in the arena of Sports and contributed tremendously and still continuous to do in developing sports men and women of the highest caliber. They, in turn, won laurels and made us all proud. From such humble beginning we have grown and now command both admiration and envy alike from other colleges in the neighborhood in terms of our achievements and available sports infrastructural facilities.
In terms of infrastructural facilities we lag behind no one as we are fortunate to have three Basketball courts, two Volleyball courts, one Handball court one Football Court and the newly built state of the art Cricket Ground of the standard of even holding first class matches. These are besides the Sports supporting facilities like a well-equipped Multi Gym and a spacious sports pavilion.
Milestones and Turning Points
What we are today is because of the farsightedness and commitment of the Jesuit management, PTA and dedicated teachers of the department over the years, who promoted sports in the college in the early days of the college and took the initiative to construct these facilities. Such an overwhelming support and keen interest in sports by the stake holders helped the department to become the University Champions continuously for 7 years (1984-91) and University runners and champions until this year.
Achievements & Recognitions
Reports - (Click on the report below to download)
Year Wise Department Report
- Department Report 2013-14
- Department Report 2014-15
- Department Report 2015-16
- Department Report 2016-17
- Department Report 2017-18
- Department Report 2018-19
Year Wise Performance Report of Various Departments
- Performance report of BBT department: 2015-16, 2018-19
- Performance report of Chemistry department 2018-19
- Performance report of History department: 2015-16, 2018-19
- Performance report of Economics department: 2015-16, 2018-19
- Performance report of Mathematics department: 2015-16, 2018-19
- Performance report of Commerce department: 2015-16, 2018-19
- Performance report of Physics department: 2015-16, 2018-19
- Performance report of Malayalam department: 2015-16, 2018-19
Open Course-Consolidated mark list
Department of Physical Education in St. Xavier’s College has contributed many a talented men and women to the arena of Sports. Most of them are well placed today and contributing in different fields of life.