Dr. Harish S. R.
Assistant Professor - Department of Botany & Biotechnology
Address: Vadakkevila, T.C. 19/1738, KRRA-44,
Mudavanmukal, Poojappura P.O,
- B.Sc Botany & Biotechnology - University of Kerala, St. Xavier's College, Thumba - 2002
- M.Sc Botany - University of Kerala, University College, Thiruvananthapuram - 2005
- M.Phil Botany - University of Kerala, University College, Thiruvananthapuram - 2007
- Ph.D Botany - University of Kerala - 2012
Total Teaching Experience
3 years of experience - Dept. of Botany & Biotechnology - St. Xavier's College, Thumba - 18 Jul 2013 onwards
Positions held in St. Xavier's College
- Member, Career Guidance & Placement Cell - 2013 onwards
- Member, Anti-Ragging Committee - 2014-2015
- Member, Cultural-Quiz - Elocution Committee - 2015-2016
- Internal Mentor, Walk with the Scholar (WWS) Programme - 2014 onwards
- Treasurer, St.Xavier's College Alumni Association - 2015 onwards
- Co-ordinator, Nature Club - 2016 onwards
- Nodal Officer, National Institutional ranking Framework - 2015-2016
- Staff Editor, College Magazine - 2015-2016
- Member, IQAC - 2016 onwards
- Member, Planning Board - 2016 onwards
Positions held outside St. Xavier's College
Life Member - Indian Association of Angiosperm Taxonomy - 28 Nov 2010 onwards
Journals / Articles Published
As first author
- Oxidative stress induces in natural populations of Avicennia alba Blume. as bio marker of environmental pollution. 2011. Environmental Research 111: 1070-1073.
- Biochemical and genetical variation in the Mangrove associate Clerodendron inerme (L) Gaertn. under different habitats of Kerala. Asian Journal of Experimental Biological Sciences. 2011. 2(4) 553-561.
- Potential of wild food species of Paniya tribes of Kerala as a source of dietary antioxidant; 2011. Indo-Global Research Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences I: 32-36
- Physiological responses of Amaranthus tricolor L. to NaCl stress. 2010. Journal of Phytological Research, 23(2):201-209.
- Sodium & Chloride ions uptake & translocation in Sesbania sesban (L.) Merr. due to NaCl stress, 2007; Journal of Current Sciences 10(2): 769-773.
- Nutraceutical and antioxidant potentiality associated with fruit development & maturation in Capsicum annuum L. var. Jwalamukhi, 2007; Journal of Current Sciences 10(1): 309-315.
- Antioxidant modulation in response to heavy metal induced oxidative stress in Cladophora glomerata, 2007; Indian Journal of Experimental Biology. 45: 980-983
- Hypersensitive response of Sesamum prostratum Retz. elicitated by Fusarium oxysporum f.sesame (Schelt) Jacz Butler, 2009; Indian Journal of Experimental Biology 47:834-838
- Effect of mobile phone radiation on root growth and meristematic cells of Allium cepa L. 2010. Journal of Phytological Research, 23(2): 175-181.
- Biochemical responses and proline metabolism in Amaranthus tricolor L. and Phaseolus vulgaris L. under in vitro NaCl Stress.2011. Journal of Research in Biology 1(4) : 299-306
- Ameliorative effect by calcium on NaCl salinity stress related to reactive oxygen species metabolism in Amaranthus tricolor L. 2011. Journal of research in Biology 6: 411-418
- Reactive oxygen species metabolism in Amaranthus tricolor L. and Phaseolus vulgaris L. under NaCl stress. 2011. Indo-Global Research Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences 1: 110-114
Conference / Seminar / Workshop / Training Programmes attended (last 5 years) - Academic & General
- Swadeshi Science Congress - Kollam, Kerala - State Level - 2011 - Paper Presentation
- National Symposium on Innovative Approaches and Modern Technologies for Crop Productivity, Food Safety and Environmental Sustainability - Thrissur, Kerala - National Level - 2012 - Paper Presentation
- Regional Indian Science Congress - Coimbatore - National Level - 2012 - Paper Presentation
- National Symposium on Cultural landscapes, indigenous knowledge and biotechnological tools for biodiversity conservation - Coimbatore - National Level - 2014 - Paper Presentation
- International Conference on Trends in Plant Systematics - Tiruchirappalli - International Level - 2014 - Paper Presentation
Best Paper Presentation Award - Regional Indian Science Congress, Coimbatore - 2012 - Life Sciences