Sri. Ajith M Thomas
Assistant Professor - Department of Botany and Biotechnology
Address: Bethel, Puliyancode,
Chempazhanthy PO, Trivandrum
- B.Sc- Fatima Mata National College Kollam, Kerala University, 2006
- MS.c-Hindustan College of Arts and Science, Bharathiar University, 2008
- CSIR-UGC NET- December 2008
- ICAR ARS NET- April 2009
- CSIR-UGC NET-June 2010
- CSIR-UGC JRF NET-December 2010
- Course on ‘Post-harvest technology and quality control’ conducted by Integrated Fisheries Project, Ministry of Agriculture, 2007
Positions held in St. Xavier's College
- HOD of Botany and Biotechnology from 14/7/2011 to 31/5/2016
- Caretaker of NCC-Army wing from 14/07/2011 to 29/9/2012
- ANO of NCC Army wing since 29/09/2012
- Secretary of PTA from 2015 to 2016
- Member of Staff Council from 2011 to 2016
- Discipline and ethics committee 2015 to 2016
- Planning board member from 2014 to 2016
- Member of IQAC 2013-16
- Member of CLMC 2012-16
- Member of Scholarship committee 2015-16
- Member of Research Committee 2013-14
Total Teaching Experience
- Assistant Professor at St Xavier’s College since 14/07/2011
Journals / Articles Published
- Ajith M.Thomas & Lija L.Raju (2017) Biosensor Technology-Crossing The Frontiers Of Microbial Analysis. Science Chronicle – An International peer reviewed Multidisciplinary Journal (ISSN:2319-6955 ). Vol-6 .No .1&2. pp. 56-67.
- Lija L. Raju & Ajith M.Thomas (2016) Water Quality Monitoring - A Transition from Chemometric to Optical methods. Science Chronicle – An International peer reviewed Multidisciplinary Journal (ISSN:2319-6955 ). Vol-5 .No .1&2. pp. 19-24.
- Ajith M.Thomas, Manish K, Lija L.Raju, M.C.Subhash Peter (2017) Differential ion transporter functions in gastrointestinal tract of stressed mice. International symposium on challenges in Stress–Ease Physiology and Endocrinology (STRESS 2017).
- Lija L. Raju, Manish K, Ajith M.Thomas, M. C. Subhash Peter (2017) Role of ion-dependent ATPases in cortex and hippocampus of mice under restraint–stress. International symposium on challenges in Stress –Ease Physiology and Endocrinology (STRESS 2017).
- Jayaram V.S., Manish K, Ajith M.Thomas, M. C. Subhash Peter (2017) Modulation of stress response through behavioral modifications and physiological reconciliation in ion transporters in mice. International symposium on challenges in Stress –Ease Physiology and Endocrinology (STRESS 2017).
- Ajith M. Thomas, Lija L .Raju, Bindulekha D.S. and M.C. Subhash Peter (2015) Rapid Action of Insulin on ion transport in mice gut and liver. International Symposium on Comparative Endocrinology and Integrative Physiology (CEIP 2015).
- Seethal G.S., Samuel A., Raju L.L., Thomas A.M., Peter V.S.,PeterM.C.S., (2013) Effects of 2-phenoxyethanol anesthesia on mitochondrial ion transport in fresh water climbing perch Anabas Testudineus Bloch. International conference on comparative endocrinology and physiology (ICCEP 2013).
Workshops and Training Programmes
As Resource Person
- Kerala Biotechnology Commission sponsored short term training programme on “Tools and techniques in molecular biology and bioinformatics”.February 14-19,2011.
- National Workshop on Integrative Biology: “Innovative Teaching in Biology”. May 21st, 2018.
- UGC Sponsored Refresher Course in Life sciences-Interdisciplinary (Biotechnology), July, 2014.
- Two day workshop on Restructuring of courses in Biotechnology under CBCSS and Implementation of Prof.B. Hrdayakumari Committee Report, March, 2014.
- Xavier Board Teachers Training at Loyola Extension Services, September, 2013.
- National Workshop on “Techniques for Endocrine Research”, December, 2012.
- Workshop on ‘Molecular Probes-Technology and Application’ organized by Indian Society of Analytical Scientists. November, 2010.
- Entrepreneurship Training in Biotechnological Applications, 2006
- On Job Training in Recombinant DNA Technology, 2005.
- On Job Training on Microbiological Techniques, 2004.
NCC Related training Programmes
- Completed NCC Pre Commission Course at NCC Officers Training Academy, Kamptee, 2012.
- Completed a course on “Search and Rescue” at National Civil Defense College, Nagpur, 2012.
- Presented a paper in National Seminar on Recent Trends in Wetland Pollution Studies using Bio monitoring Protocol. February 2016.
- Participated in a National Seminar on Omics and Biomarker Analysis: In Disease pathology 2.0 and Young investigators retreat. December 2016.
- Attended an international conference in integrative and comparative physiology and First annual meeting of the Society for evolutionary and integrative biology SEIB 2013.
- Attended a seminar on Intellectual Property Rights, August 2013.
- Participated in a National Conference on “Recent Trends in Medical Microbiology”, February 2007.
- Participated in a National Seminar on “Advances in Biological Sciences”, August 2007.
- Attended a National Seminar on Human Resources Development in Bioinformatics, February 2006.
- Participated in a National Seminar on “Biotechnological Interventions in Environmental Management”. January 2005.
- Participated in a National Seminar on Current Trends in Biotechnology, September, 2004.