Dr. Mahesh N. R.
Assistant Professor - Department of Physics
Address: Mahesh Bhavan, Ambalathuvila,
Pottayilkada, Arayoor PO,
- Phononic bandgap structures
- Electric and magnetic resonances in dielectric materials
- Numerical modelling in Acoustics and Electromagnetics
- Astronomy and Astrophysics
- B Sc. Physics - University of Kerala, Thiruvananthapuram, India - 2002
- M Sc. Physics - Manonmaniam Sundaranar University, Tirunelveli, India - 2005 - Thesis Title - Glitches in Crab Pulsar, an Analytical Study
- Ph D. Physics - Anna University, Chennai, India - 2015 - Thesis Title - Acoustic Metamaterial Based Frequency Selective Devices For Low Frequency Applications
Positions held in St. Xavier's College
Member - Research Committee - 2015 onwards
Positions held outside St. Xavier's College
Research Fellow - Naval Research Board, India - Jun 2008 to Oct 2009
Total Teaching Experience
PG and UG courses: Department of Physics - St Xavier’s College, Thumba - 01 Sep 2015 on wards
Journal Articles Published
- Mahesh, NR & Prita Nair 2012, Passive acoustic tunable structure based on single negative metamaterials, ActaAcustica united with Acustica, vol.98, pp. 827-831. (ISSN : 1610-1928)
- Mahesh, NR & Prita Nair 2014, Design and analysis of an acoustic demultiplexer exploiting negative density, modulus and extra-ordinary transmission of membrane-based acoustic metamaterial, Applied Physics A, vol. 116, pp.1495-1500. (ISSN : 0947-8396)
- P Tessy Chacko and N R Mahesh, ‘Analysis of thermal wave in soil medium’ , AIP Conference Proceedings 1849, 020038 (2017)
- Asarudheen A, Mahesh N R, Ajin S P, Mini R, 2018, Acoustic Metamaterial Based Low Noise Silencer, International Journal of Emerging Technology and Advanced Engineering, Volume 8, Special Issue 4(2),
- Mahesh, NR & Prita Nair 2011, Experimental and theoretical investigation of acoustic metamaterial with negative bulk modulus, Proceedings of the Comsol Multiphysics International Conference, Bangalore, 4-5 November 2011.
- Mahesh, NR & Prita Nair 2013, Low frequency narrow bandwidth acoustic filters based on acoustic metamaterials, Proceedings of the National Conference on Advances in Naval Materials, Chennai, 22-23 February 2013, pp. 155-161.
- Asarudheen A, Mahesh N R, Ajin S P and Mini R S’ , 2018, Acoustic Metamaterial Based Low Noise Silencer’, International Conference on Technology Innovation in Mechatronics, Energy Management and Communication 2018, Thiruvananthapuram, India.
- 3rd Annual World Congress of Advanced Materials – 2014, Chongqing, China, Topic : Acoustic metamaterial based denoising filters and demultiplexers for low frequency operations.
- National Seminar on Physics (NSP -19), Nagercoil, India, Topic : Metamaterials, An Entrance to the unexplored possibilities of physics.