Dr. (Fr.) Dominic Joseph S. J.
Assistant Professor - Department of English
Address: Jesuit House,
St. Xavier’s College, Thumba,
- B.A. Malayalam & Mass Communication - St. Xavier's College, Thumba, University of Kerala - 2001-04
- M.A. English Literature - Loyola College, University of Madras - 2006-08
- Ph. D - Bharathiyar University- Coimbatore - 2020
Total Teaching Experience
- 5 years of experience
- Department of English - St. Xavier's College, Thumba - 2008-10
- Department of English - St. Xavier's College, Thumba - 2014 onwards
Conference / Seminar / Workshop / Training Programmes attended (last 5 years) - Academic & General
- 4 Day Orientation Programme for X Students - Holy Family Matriculation School Chennai - 2016 - Resource person
- 5 Day Communicative English for High School Students - Bethany School, Nagercoil - 2015 - Resource person
- 3 Day Training in communicative English for Teachers - St. Mary's School School, Kaimanom - 2015 - Resource person
- 1 Day Orientation for Teachers - MSFS School Vizhinjam - 2015 - Resource person
- Joseph, Dominic P., Learning English Grammar the Easy Way, Creativentures, Pune, 2012.
- Post-Colonial Reading of Karnad’s Tughlaq and Wole Soyinka’s Kongi’s Harvest, Creativentures Pune, 2015.
- Communicative English: A Work Book for Beginners, KY Publications, Guntur, 2017.
- Joseph, Dominic, P., “Satire across Culture: A Comparative Study of Wole Soyinka’s Kongi’s Harvest and Girish Karnad’s Tughlaq”, Literary Endeavour, Vol. IX., No. 4. October 2018.
- “Ecology, Environment, And Ecocriticism: A Historical Perspective”, Literary Endeavour, Vol. IX. Special Issue. 2, August 2018.
- “An Ecocritical Reading of G. M. Hopkins’ “Binsey Poplars”, New Academia, Vol. VIII. No. 1, January 2019.
“Ecological Insights of Gerard Manley Hopkins: An Ecocritical Re-Reading to Solve the Environmental Crisis”