Dr. Tinu Antony
Assistant Professor - Department of Physics
Address: House no: 85, Avittom Road
Medical College P O, Thiruvananthapuram
- M Sc. Physics - Cochin University of Scince and Technology, Cochin- 2008
- Ph D. Physics - University of Kerala, Thiruvananthapuram - 2016
Total Teaching Experience
- Department of Physics, All Saints College Thiruvananthapuram 2018-19
- Department of Physics, St. Xavier's College, Thumba- 2021 on wards
Area of Research
Satellite remote sensing, retrieval algorithms, land surface characterization, radiative transfer computation, remote sensing for other planets – Venus and Mars.
- Antony, T., Raju, C.S, N. Mathew, Saha, K., and Moorthy, K.K,( 2014), A detailed study of Microwave land emissivity over the Indian Subcontinent, IEEE Transactions on Geoscience Remote Sensing, vol 52, 6, 3604-3612.
- C. Suresh Raju, Tinu Antony, Nizy Mathew, K. N Uma, K. Krishna Moorthy, (2013),MT-MADRAS brightness temperatures analyses for terrain characterisation and land surface microwave emissivity estimation, Current Science., vol. 104, no. 12, 1643-1649.
- Raju, C.S, Renju, R., Antony, T., N. Mathew, and Moorthy, K.K., (2013), Microwave Radiometric observation of a waterspout over the coastal Arabian Sea, IEEE Geoscience Remote Sensing Letters , vol. 10, no. 5, 1075-1079.
- Antony, T., Raju, C.S, N. Mathew, and Moorthy, K.K, (2015), Flood extent analyses over the major river basins of Indian Subcontinent, IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Applied Earth Observations and Remote Sensing. vol. 8, no. 9, 4373-4378.
- Saha, K., Raju, C.S, Antony, T., and Moorthy, K.K, (2009), Land-surface microwave emissivity map of Indian region: Megha-Tropiques perspective, IEEE Applied Electromagnetics Conference, 2009, DOI: 10.1109/AEMC.2009.5430572
- Renju R., Raju, C.S, N. Mathew, Antony, T., Moorthy, K.K., (2015),Microwave radiometer observation of inter-annual variability of water vapour and its vertical structure over an equatorial coastal station, Journal of Geophysical Research – Atmosphere, vol. 120, no. 10, 4585-4599
- Nizy Mathew, Suresh Raju C. Renju R., Tinu Antony, `Distribution of Tropical Deep Convective Clouds from Megha-Tropiques SAPHIR Data‟, IEEE Trans. Geophysics and Remote Sensing, Vol. 54, No. 11, 2016.
- Tinu Antony , Suresh Raju C., Nizy Mathew, R. Renju, K. Krishna Moorthy, `Microwave Emissivity of Desert/ Arid Land Surfaces‟, IJRS, 2018, vol 39, no 19, 6266-6280, DOI 10.1080/01431161.2018.1458345.
- Tinu Antony , Suresh Raju C., Govind Swarup, Nithin Mohan, Radiothermal Emission model of Venus, IEEE Poc. 2019 URSI Asia-Pacific Radio Science Conference (AP-RASC), 2019, 10.23919/URSIAP-RASC.2019.8738414
- Radiative Trnasfer Simulations of the Observed Decrease of Radio Brightness Temperature of Venus with Increasing Decimeter Wavelengths, Journal of Geophysical Research: Planet, 2022, 127(1)
Seminars/Conferences/ Workshops Attended
- URSI- Asia Pacific Radio Science Conference, New Delhi - Paper Presentation – 2019
- Radar Training workshop URSI AP-RASC, New Delhi, India
- International Symposium on Antennas and Propagation (APSYM), CUSAT, Cochin – Paper presentation, 2016
- National Space Science Symposium NSSS, VSSC, Trivandrum – Paper and poster presentation, 2016
- URSI-InRaSS Young Indian Radio Scientist Award 2019